Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sandwich Snake


So, this is an easy and fun snack. I took 2 baguettes but only used the ends of 1 for the head and tail. I cut them and lined them up with sandwich fixings to make the snake. I made sure to use a variety of sandwich items and color coded with different colored toothpicks for vegetarian, ham, turkey, etc. I then made the face with my fav of olive eyes, red pepper tongue and ears/venom sacks (I do have a son), and a big green spinach leaf for color in the mouth. I then added some snap peas in the center (its nested babies according to the 8 yr old) with some low fat ranch dip. There are 25 slices in the snake for each child to have one and plenty of peas with extras in the bag I provided for refills. I think this makes the kids want to eat the peas more than if they were in a bowl with dressing.

No comments: