Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cheese Ball Pumpkin Head




This was an easy one I did based on the snowman when I forgot about snack day and ran out of time. I also was going to serve it with carrots but found out that morning that my 4lb bag of carrots had gone bad 3 days after getting it! Darn Costco.
Anyway, for this, take 3 "sticks" of cream cheese and add garlic, pepper, salt and any other spices you like - I personally added spice de Provence. I then added cheddar cheese, finely shredded along with Parmesan and mixed it all together. I put it into the freezer, supposedly for 1/2 hour but I fell asleep and it was in for about 3 hours - then had to unfreeze some. I then rolled it in the remaining cheddar cheese to make it orange. By luck, my red pepper had a nice green stem which I cut to make the pumpkin stem. I then added cut out pepper eyes and mouth. When done, my son suggested a crazy snake tongue so I added that also. Some crackers I had to replace the carrots and voila, pumpkin head.

No comments: