Thursday, October 9, 2008




This is the famed F-CAT. As most of us with 3rd grader+ students know, the F-CAT is Florida's answer to the GRE, or not. It is a kind fo stupid standardized test our kids are subjected to or else they cannot pass whatever grade they are in. Anyway... this is my F-CAT. It is a big yummy bread loaf I bought at Costco which I dug out the bread and filled with spinish dip. I then put the top on it which I had cut off. I also thought of filling it with hummos. Then, I put hard boiled eggs on it for the eyes with olives in the center. The nose is an end cut from a red pepper. The mouth is also cut up red peppers. The wiskers are small straight pretzels. The paws are bread balls with the same little pretzels. Again, the ears are small red peppers. It also has eye brows out of celery tips (the leafy part). I surrounded it with veggies to also dip in the spinish dip - it was healthier than the bread. I also brought a basket full of..... little F shaped bread. To make these take bread sticks (Pillsbury rolled up ones) and knead cheese into the bread. Add some salt and paint it with melted butter. Then form the bread sticks into the letter "F". Bake them according to the directions. They come out as a kind of crispy pretzel.

No comments: