Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Snowman for Snack

This cute snowman is able to brighten any snack day this winter - even for kids in Florida.

To make this, take 2 blocks of cream cheese and mix it with parmesan cheese and mozerella cheese. (You can add some salt, peper, and garlic to the mix to make it ever tastier) Put these into the refridgerator and cool it very well so it will not stick. Then, roll this mixutre into three balls - generally the same size if not smaller, medium, and larger. Then, take more mozerella cheese and put it onto freezer paper and roll the balls in the cheese to get the "hairy" look.

I then stuck the balls onto each other with the smallest on the top. I then took cloves and put them into the snowman for the eyes and buttons. I also took a small carrot and put it as the nose.

It is a nice touch, but harder than you think to do, to then use a veggie peeler to shave off a piece of celery for the scarf. I actually took two and hooked them together in the back with an additional clove. There is a clove in the front to hook the scarf. You can add pretzel arms and you can take pumpernickle and cut it into three circles with cream cheese holding them togethe as a cool little hat. You make the bottom one the largest circle.

I also put carrots and celery and crackers as sides to eat the snowman with.

I will warn you - this is way yummy. I ate so much of one I made for my family I got sick! It is so good - not totally healthy with all the cream cheese but if you get fat free it make it a little better and it is such a cute snack.

No comments: