Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Santa is coming to town!




For this snack I made some bread, meaning I bought bread dough at the store and baked it. I took bread sticks and used cooking scissors to cut them into very thin strips. I then swirrled them to make the beard. The top I made a triangle and added slits with rasins for the eyes - note - do not put the eyes too close to the hat or they get plumped up under the rim and cannot barely be seen. I then folded the top of the triangle over to make the hat. I added a brim (strip of dough) and two balls - one for the nose and one for the hat. I also used bread to make a mustache and a little mouth.
To make the hat red you need to take a basting brush (did not even know they had these before this) and then take an egg yoke and put a couple drops of red food coloring into it. then paint it on for the hat, cheeks and nose. Then take another egg yoke and paint the rest of the parts with it (no color added) to make them shiney and clear.
I served it with cream cheese mixed with grape jelly (just for a little fun). The kids really liked having a Santa snack.


No comments: