Monday, October 6, 2008

Super Snacks

Every day I see the plastic bags from the grocery store being carried mindlessly down the hallways of my kids' school. Unthinking, dare I say "lazy" parents, have taken less than 5 minutes to plan out what 20 children will have for snack. Although mostly healthy, as our school does not allow for less than healthy snacks, these bags from the grocery store do not inspire excitement let alone creativity.

I really do not believe people are lazy, they just do not know what else to do. They have little time or energy to devote to something as seemingly insignificant as snack. I do not have lots of time either (I do work full time) but I get up early on my kids snack days to make the greatest snack I can.

I call parents to the kitchen to create something more for snack day or snack week. I have no idea why I do this other than 1) the look on my kids faces and the cheers from their class and 2) because I am a crazy snack person. I am driven to create with food! Try some of these and get creative.

No comments: